July 19, 2016
The vision-in-package (VIP) system is a tiny, complete camera system with a low-power processor, an imager, optics, and a wireless communication interface. The face detection and recognition application runs in real time and is fully embedded on the VIP. ‘New’ individuals can be registered to the face database instantly at any time with just a few clicks.
Vision-in-package sensor and processor
- Face detection, facial landmark tracking, and person identification at ~3–4 fps
- Fully embedded data processing (ARM Cortex M4)
- Smallest complete vision system (1 cm3)
- Stand-alone software with no external dependencies
- Tiny memory footprint (less than 2 MB Flash and 6 MB RAM)