August 25, 2015
Olympus Corporation announces the release of the OM-D E-M10 Mark II compact system camera that conforms to the Micro Four Thirds System standard. This camera is equipped with 5-axis image stabilization that certainly compensates camera shakes in any scene.
The OM-D E-M10 Mark II is the successor model to the OM-D E-M10 that went on sale February 2014. On the stylish and easy to use compact body, it includes a powerful in-body 5-axis VCM image stabilization inherited from the high-end OM-D series, a first for an entry-level Interchangeable Lens Camera (ILC). This model provides stable, blur-free, high-quality images in any scene, from daily events to night scenes, and macro photography.
- 5-axis image stabilization that provides blur-free, high-quality images at any time
- User friendly, stylish, compact design
- High-speed performance that ensures you capture every moment
- Large, easy-to-see electronic viewfinder
- Full-featured creative shooting functions
5-axis image stabilization that provides blur-free, high-quality images at any time
Image quality is determined by three components: the lens, imaging sensor, and image processor. However, Olympus does not rely solely on these factors to achieve high-quality images, but believes solving problems due to camera shake is indispensable. No matter how good these three components are, blurring and out of focus shots ruin photos. Also, many photos that seem to be out of focus are often caused by camera shake. Camera shake is also an important factor in making it difficult to capture beautiful night scenes or close-ups (macro) on a smartphone.
To provide a sure solution to the problem of camera shake on the E-M10 Mark II, Olympus has included the 5-axis VCM image stabilization inherited from the high-end E-M1 and E-M5 Mark II models on an entry-level model for the first time. Powerful compensation of up to 4 steps of shutter speed is now possible.
In addition to the 2-axis image stabilization that corrects for angular shake (yaw and pitch) on most SLR cameras, the 5-axis image stabilization also compensates for rolling that interferes with night scene shooting, and horizontal and vertical shift that is prominent in macro photography. This 5-axis image stabilization makes it possible to shoot more varied, blur-free scenes than ever before.
This image stabilization is not only available for still images, but is fully effective for recording movies as well. Because this feature compensates for vibration that occurs while walking and slight movements that result from pressing buttons, you can capture movement smoothly even with a single hand. The OM-D Movie, popular on the E-M5 Mark II for capturing high-quality movies can also be enjoyed on this model.
Components that make up Olympus high-quality imaging, such as the Zuiko lens, the same 16M Live MOS sensor as the E-M5 Mark II, and the TruePic VII image processor maximize the capabilities of the powerful 5-axis image stabilization for the ultimate in image quality.
User friendly, stylish, compact design
One of the advantages of compact system cameras is their remarkably small size when compared to entry-level SLR models. They don't take up space, making them very easy to take along anywhere.
The design incorporates the classic style found on Olympus interchangeable lens camera. Not only on the camera body, but the metal dials along with the leather textures of the grip produce a highly sophisticated feel to the camera.
The dial and button shapes and layout have been adjusted to make them easy to operate while looking through the viewfinder.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and dedicated app Olympus Image Share for sharing images and using a smartphone as a remote control
- Built-in flash for capturing beautiful shots against night scenes
- iAUTO automatically detects the scene that matches the subject and optimizes settings for perfect photos
- A rich lineup of compact, high-quality M.Zuiko interchangeable lenses
- Improved focus accuracy at C-AF (Continuous AF) compared to the E-M10
- Silent mode for shooting quietly in places where the shutter sound is inconvenient
- 4K Time Lapse Movie offers more than 4 times higher resolution than that of E-M10
- High-speed movie enables smooth slow-motion playback of split-second movement
- Clips lets you easily shoot and edit short movies using only the camera
- Focus bracketing mode shifts the focus position while capturing multiple shots to select the image with the focus where you want it
- S-OVF (Simulated OVF) display mode expands the dynamic range, making the subject easier to see during backlit scenes as if using OVF
- The tilting monitor convenient for shooting from low angles and high angles