August 07, 2013
Lumenera was one of the first camera manufacturers in the market in 2012 who has introduced USB 3.0 cameras based on the second revision of CMOSIS sensors CMV2000 and CMV4000.
From now on, these camera series Lt225 and Lt425 are equipped with the third and latest version, ‘rev3' of this proven megapixel sensor. This sensor upgrade provides a number of improvements, including increased analog gain and elimination of the 'Black Sun Effect', while maintaining previous functionality and features.
- Very high frame rates up to 180 fps
- 2 and 4 megapixel, with 5.5 μm pixel size
- Blur-free global shutter CMOS sensor
- Color, monochrome and NIR versions
- NIR variants with very high sensitivity in the near infrared range; even suitable for astronomy applications
- Low noise and high sensitivity
- Embedded image processing based on FPGA
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface for fastest image transfer
- Compact, robust form factor measuring 40 x 40 x 60 mm with 16 mounting points
This change also coincides with the latest release of Lucam and our SDK, providing additional new features such as user specified frame rate control, subsampling, thresholding, High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode, and an LED illumination correction, just to name a few.
FRAMOS has been established as an innovative and sustainable partner in the area of industrial image processing for the last 30 years. Together with our comprehensive portfolio of imaging components such as sensors, companion chips, cameras, optics, lightings and various accessories, we support our customers with a real variety of development services, ranging from short-term solutions for complex demands up to large scale marketable developments of complete systems. On this basis, we find or develop solutions for the key challenges in image processing, so that our customers can focus on increasing their competitive advantage.