WAYNE, NJ, September 5, 2017 – Vision Research, a leading manufacturer of digital high-speed imaging systems, today introduces the Phantom® VEO4K camera family, combining the imaging power of the Flex4K-GS with the convenient form factor of the VEO. Designed for demanding scientific research, defense and media applications, it will capture up to 1,000 frames per second (fps) at 4K and higher at reduced resolutions.
VEO4K cameras employ a custom 9.4-megapixel, 12-bit CMOS sensor with 6.75 micron pixels, producing images of the highest quality and pixel resolution – Great for high-magnification and applications involving dynamic movement across large spaces. The family consists of three models, including the Phantom VEO4K-PL camera for media production, as well as two body styles, allowing users to select the camera that best meets their needs.
Machined from solid aluminum with isolated electronics, Phantom VEO cameras are known for their durability and ability to perform in harsh environments. VEO4K cameras are available with either 36 GB or 72 GB of RAM and include SDI and HDMI video outputs. S-models include a secondary battery input and CFast 2.0 compatibility which enables remote, untethered recording.
Key Specifications of the Phantom VEO4K
- 35mm 9.4-megapixel sensor
- Global shutter, switchable to rolling shutter for increased dynamic range
- 4K-990 models capture up to 938 fps at 4096 x 2304; 1000 fps at 4096 x 2160;
1975 fps at 2048 x 1080
- 10Gb Ethernet option for optimized workflow
- Size: 5 x 5.5 x 6” (12.7 x 14 x 15.2 cm); 6.0 lbs (2.8 kg)
- HDMI and 3G-SDI video outputs
- VEO4K-S and PL models include CFast, On-camera controls and secondary battery input for portability