December 2015, Auburn, MA – PI (Physik Instrumente) L.P., a leader and solution provider in motion control and positioning components and systems, introduces a miniature hexapod, designed for dynamic error correction in all three linear and rotation axes. The P-915KWEF joins PI‘s hexapod portfolio of over 100 products from palm-sized units to high-load systems capable of positioning several tons with sub-micron precision.
Compact & Stiff
With a load capacity of 1500g, this miniature hexapod was designed for dynamic error correction for six degrees of freedom. The parallel-kinematic design with piezo actuator direct drives results in a very compact and stiff positioning solution, compared to conventional multi-axis designs. It is easily mounted inside rotary stages to virtually eliminate wobble and eccentricity errors and can be adapted to other long travel positioning systems for improved multi-axis motion accuracy.
More Information, Specifications and Datasheet:
Capacitance direct metrology sensors provide absolute, sub-nanometer precision position feedback with high bandwidth. The stiff, frictionless flexure design enables exceptional responsiveness and accuracy.
Applications of the P-915KWEF
Dynamic optimization of axial runout, eccentricity and evenness of rotation stages, vibration insulation, fine adjustment, used in mechanical manufacturing, machining processes.
Features & Advantages
- Very Stiff Design, 1kHz Natural Frequency, High Dynamics
- 6 Axis System: XYZ, Pitch, Yaw, Roll
- 1 Nanometer Linear Resolution, 0.07µrad Angular Resolution
- Positioning Range up to 70µm
- Absolute Measuring, Direct Metrology Capacitance Sensors for Closed-Loop Operation
- Space-Saving, Parallel-Kinematics Design for Easy Integration
- Wear-Free Piezo Drives, Operate in Strong Magnetic Fields / High Vacuum